Windows Azure Platform is Microsoft’s cloud-computing technology. The Azure Platform comprises four core components—Windows Azure, .NET Services, SQL Services, and Live Services. Each component plays its own role in cloud computing. This course shows how to use these components separately and in unison, to build services for the cloud. The course combines architectural vision and detailed “how-to” code. This course can be used as part of your preparation for Microsoft Exam 70-583: PRO: Designing and Developing Windows Azure Applications.
- Cloud Services: Evolution of cloud services; Modelling cloud service offerings; Shifting to cloud computing; Understanding cloud architecture; Cloud services vendors
- The Windows Azure Platform: Overview; Azure scenarios; Portals for Windows Azure Developer, AppFabricDeveloper, and SQL Azure Developer; Establishing the development platform; Service architecture; Developer workflow; Developing and deploying the service
- Windows Azure Architecture: Windows Azure API structure; Visual Studio tools; Windows Azure SDK tools; Service models; Development fabric and storage; Diagnostics and logging; Inter-role communication; Worker role message exchange; Geolocation; Content delivery network; Service management and lifecycle; Architectural best practices
- Windows Azure Storage: Storage service architecture; Blob storage; Queues; Tables; Using the REST APIs
- AppFabric Access Control Service: SAML tokens and Secure Token Service; Claims; Identity federation; Windows Identity Foundation; Active Directory Federation Server; Web Resource Authorization Protocol and Simple Web Token; Claims-based identity model; Access control service management portal; Managing access control service resources; Programming access control service
- AppFabric Service Bus: Enterprise service bus; Evolution of the internet service bus; Introduction to the AppFabric service bus; Programming with the AppFabric service bus
- SQL Azure: SQL Azure architecture; Features and limitations; Data access; Creating and connecting to a SQL Azure database; Developing Windows Azure services that use SQL Azure; Database-migration strategies
Who Should Attend:
Developers implementing cloud computing solutions using Microsoft Windows Azure Platform.
Experience using services. Familiarity with cloud computing concepts would be an advantage.