The advent of HTML5 and CSS3 has seen something of a revolution in application development in recent times. This course takes the lid off these technologies and shows how you can use their full power to create contemporary, adaptive, and interactive Web applications.
- HTML and CSS Core Principles: HTML core concepts and syntax; CSS core concepts and syntax
- Creating HTML5 and CSS3 Web Pages: HTML5 semantic tags; Additional HTML5 layout features; CSS3 enhancements
- Implementing Ajax-Enabled Web Pages: Overview of Ajax; Using Ajax manually; Using Ajax with jQuery; Guidelines for how to communicate with remote services
- Going Further with CSS3: Textual styling; Using CSS3 selectors; Additional CSS3 techniques
- Platform Integration: Using the File API; Implementing drag-and-drop; Incorporating audio and video; Using the Geolocation API
- Offline Working: Using local storage; Offline working; Using the application cache
- Creating Adaptive User Interfaces: Media queries; Creating applications that look good in different form factors; Creating printer-friendly applications
- Graphics: Using the canvas API; Using SVG; Techniques and recommendations
- CSS3 Animations and Effects: Transitions; 2D and 3D transformations; Key-frame animations
- Web Sockets: The need for Web Sockets; Implementing a Web Sockets client; Implementing a Web Sockets server
- Web Workers: What are Web Workers? Implementing a Web Worker; Asynchronous programming techniques
Who Should Attend:
This training course is aimed at developers.