Duration: 5 Days days
Course Learning Skills: Java
Android is Google’s open-source Java-based platform for mobile/cell-phone development. This course provides comprehensive hands-on coverage of Android. You will learn how to use the full features of the Android SDK, using the Eclipse-based Android development environment.
Developers who want to create compelling applications for Android-based devices.
Familiarity with Java. Awareness of mobile development is also an advantage.
- Overview of Android: Overview of mobile development platforms; The role of Android; Understanding the Android stack; Overview of the Android SDK; Creating a simple Android application
- Key Concepts: Activities; Intents; Services; Content providers and broadcast receivers
- UI Development: XML UIs; Java UIs; Screen resolution; Managing layout; Using UI components; Selection; Menus and dialog boxes; Handling events; Graphics and animations
- Interacting with the Android System: Accessing the file system; Accessing preferences; Managing notifications; Understanding the Android security model
- Multimedia: Overview of multimedia capabilities; Playing-back audio and video; Audio formats; Video formats
- Database Access: Overview of SQLite; Creating a database; Connection management; Creating and executing commands
- Managing Content: MIME types; Adding, deleting, and modifying content; Searching for content; Content files; Custom content providers
- Managing Location: Overview of Location Manager; Using Location Manager; Working with Google Maps
- Services and Broadcast Receivers: Overview of Services; Bound and unbound services; Implementing a service; Overview of Broadcast receivers; Implementing a Broadcast Receiver
- Intent Filters: Overview of filters; Listing filters; Implementing filters
- Going Further with Android: Interacting with Web Services; Sensors; Managing WiFi; Telephony; Interacting with the camera; Bluetooth