Module 1: What is Accelerated Learning?
- What is Accelerated Learning?
- A way of coping with the today’s information overload
- Techniques developed over last 15 years based on brain research
- Techniques that can enhance the learning of any subject
- Techniques that can improve memory of any subject
- Can lead to leaning a new language 10 times faster
- Studies have been done around the world on its effectiveness; examples provided
- The methods are widely used in education & business
- Can be easily applied to learning IT technologies and software development
- Techniques as an IT technical trainer, to prepare effectively & quickly for new courses
- Techniques incorporated in to IT courses to ensure delegates learn effectively & quickly
Module 2: Your Fantastic Brain
- You already have the raw materials for accelerated learning
- The unused potential of your brain, not 10% unused but more probably 4%
- Brain cells (neurons) and the pathways between them
- The specialisation of the brain’s left and right hemispheres
- Using both you creative right brain & the logical left brain
- Which side of your brain do you prefer to use?
- How modern IT interfaces embrace both the left and right brain
Module 3: Learn More Effectively By Knowing Your Learning Style
- Accelerated learning helps you identify your most effective way of learning
- Your brain has a preferred way of taking in, then processing information
- Are you a visual, auditory or kinaesthetic learner?
- Visual learners like view and create diagrams, pictures and charts
- Auditory learners like to listen to talks and discuss topics
- Kinaesthetic learner like to do something to test it out for themselves
- Listening to language clues to identify learning styles
- How would you use your preferred learning style to learn and work more effectively?
Module 4: Access the Power of Your Brain using Mind Mapping
- Demonstration of delegates creating a group mind map on a whiteboard of a given topic
- Example of mind maps are handed out for delegates to look at
- One of the most powerful techniques in accelerated learning
- The advantages of mind mapping: fast, fun, effective and flexible
- The uses of mind mapping: planning, meetings, reviewing, brainstorming, writing
- Creating a mind map: use keywords, images, colours and branch out from the centre of the page
- Using mind map to design and document IT applications
Module 5: Enhance Your Memory
- There is no learning without memory
- Accelerated learning contains many techniques to enhance memory
- Why you remember and why you forget?
- The difference between recall on demand and recognition
- How short & long term memory work together
- Improve recall by regularly reviewing material
- Improve recall and concentration by taking planned regular breaks